Thursday, September 18, 2008

Emerging Technologies

I found this reading exciting. I already use many of the technologies mentioned and look forward to the benefits of their continued adoption. I enjoyed that the book is itself using the principles it expounds. I think that student-centered learning will be adopted, but perhaps at the expense of our existing brick and mortar institutions. I see the idea of m-learning occurring anywhere and in small bits of time as very important. As with other post-modern ideas, I think we will see learning fragment and become more specific to meet the needs of smaller audiences. I think we will also see the death of the 40 hour week as smaller units of time become more viable.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Interesting ideas! They say Americans work over 40 hours per week and remain one of the hardest working countries. It would be nice to work less hours, but I don't see that happening for me--I'm a teacher.