Friday, November 7, 2008

Eluminate

Last night we had class via Eluminate. Professor Foreman joined us from Taiwan. I've done class via Eluminate a number of times and it's always worked fine for me. I find it hard to sit at the computer and pay attention at times. In class the visual clues and interaction between people is important and I miss that. This was the first time I'd watched so many presentations through Eluminate and presented myself. I think it worked pretty well. One disconcerting thing is the lack of feedback. If you're totally bombing, or making people laugh in real life you'll get some feedback. On Eluminate you've got to plunge forward and hope you're making sense. Overall I was impressed with the ability of the class to make use of the different video and audio delivery methods, it was a useful experiment.

3 comments:

CJ said...

Eric you did very well without hearing the classes reactions. There were some laughs and everyone was paying attention. Good job!

Come and See Africa said...

I wonder how we could give feedback to the presenter. Perhaps we give some feedback (it might distract though) to the presenter that we are listening by typing on the text line.

miles said...

I liked your presentation as well. I attended the class in person for part of the time, and then at home part of the time, and I think that there's not a whole lot lost when you're presenting remotely--the real loss of experience comes from trying to participate from home when you can't see the reactions of any of your peers, as you said.